Our mission is to produce theatrical works that entertain, engage, and enlighten the mind and spirit by fostering an appreciation of the performing arts in our community.
Through thoughtful practices in programming, casting, and staffing we acknowledge and elevate the broad spectrum of experiences in our community.
EQUITY DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Coronado Playhouse is committed to intentionally creating productions reflective of all San Diegans with the immense array of talent present throughout our community. Moving forward, Coronado Playhouse wishes to be at the forefront of providing opportunities of learning, development, and entertainment for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, LGBTQ+, and Disabled individuals in the theatre community; Coronado Playhouse recognizes and values where these identities, and more, intersect, and the importance of honoring these experiences on and off stage, in the audience, as well as outside of our theatre.
- Inclusivity of the diversity of experience of all people in our community
- Responsiveness and democratic process in our leadership
- Fiscal soundness and/or financial stability
- Passionate portrayal of stories from actors and creative teams
- Safe space for enrichment of artists and audiences
- Community that feels represented respectfully in all aspects of the creative process
- To reflect and represent our diverse world through active recruitment of actors, creatives, content, and staff
- We encourage submissions that intentionally highlight voices and stories of those historically marginalized and ignored
- Preserve the integrity of our creative intentions while meeting the needs of evolving social landscapes
- Exist at the intersection of the old and new