POSITION TITLE: Production/Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
LOCATION: Coronado Playhouse, 1835 Strand Way, Coronado, CA 92118
FLSA: Hourly / Year-round / Non-exempt / Part-time, Approx. 10-15 hours/week
The Production/Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing all production, public relations and marketing elements for Coronado Playhouse’s main stage and cabaret/concerts/readings annually.
Coronado Playhouse is a non-profit, volunteer theater producing shows in Coronado for 75 years.
Our mission is to produce theatrical works that entertain, engage and enlighten the mind and spirit by fostering an appreciation of the performing arts in our community.
- Act as primary contact for directors and producers.
- Guide each production team through the CPH process, from auditions through final performance.
- Create and organize Google Shared Drive folders for new seasons.
- In coordination with Play Selection Chair, review the performance rights contracts
- Oversee producers in collecting contracts, reviewing budgets and upholding CPH/Community Center policies.
- Attend the first production meeting for each show and thereafter be available as a resource to answer questions, resolve issues, etc.
- Attend first rehearsal/read through of each production to review policies with cast/production teams.
- Maintain the CPH master calendar with all show-related events, general access to the theatre and any out of the ordinary scheduling.
- Provide post show speech for Community Partner collections for each show.
- Read all rehearsal and show reports as sent by the Stage Managers and respond in a timely manner, as necessary.
- Review Production Packet documents on a regular basis and update as needed, sharing proposed changes with the Board for approval.
- Work with Tech Committee and volunteers to ensure the workspaces are organized, equipment is properly maintained, special production needs are met, etc.
PR & Marketing:
- Create and disseminate press releases to the CPH Press List and act as contact for all press inquiries
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook/Instagram) with season updates and promotions for each show.
- Update the Show Program template with all relevant production information and review program with graphic designer prior to printing.
- Collect headshots and bios from cast and creatives for the website, program and social media.
- Coordinate with production teams and local news outlets (KUSI, NBC) about b-roll and media package talking points.
- Additional duties may include overseeing advertising and creating and sending regular eblasts.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Flexible to work a mix of daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Prior experience working behind the scenes of a theatre required.
- Familiarity with theatre tech (lighting & sound especially) preferred.
- Prior experience with PR & Marketing preferred.
- Social Media savvy.
- Proficiency in Google Drive preferred.
- Organized, with attention to detail and strong follow through.
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills.
- Personable and friendly. Ability to exude confidence while being patient when faced with challenging situations/people.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position requires some occasional lifting and moving of boxes and equipment.
Hours & Pay:
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
- Most administrative tasks can be done remotely, if desired.
- Must be able to be at the theatre for certain events such as occasional production meetings, appearances at occasional rehearsals and other times as required to represent the theatre.
$1,500 / month, breaking down to around $25 per hour.
Coronado Playhouse is committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our operation. We strongly encourage applications from individuals underrepresented in the theatre field.
Send cover letter and resume to Board President Desha Crownover at email@example.com.